Reiki falls into the category of alternative medicine for health and wellness. An alternative method for self care and self improvement. It is an Energy Healing method of achieving improved health and wellbeing. Many people find Reiki when searching for methods of stress relief and relaxation or boost recovery while healing.
Reiki is a form of energy healing that originated in Japan. It is gentle and non- invasive. Reiki aims to promote balance, align the chakras and promote wellbeing by clearing and balancing the body energy. It can be used to address a wide range of physical, emotional, and mental issues along side other forms of medical treatments.
Reiki is hands-on-healing. Energy is channeled through the practitioners hands into the recipients body. Hands are placed on or near the body, depending on the individuals preference.
Reiki energy healing and how it works:
1. Energy - In Reiki energy is considered to be the life force that flows though all living things. Energy can become blocked or depleted which leads to physical, emotional or mental imbalances.
2. Chakra Balancing - Chakras are energy centres in the body that are associated with different organs and systems. There are seven main ones that run from your head to the base of your spine. In Reiki, we focus on balancing and clearing chakras to promote healing and wellbeing.
3. Relaxation & Mindfulness - Reiki sessions are often very relaxing and calming. Individuals may experience a sense of peace, relaxation, get inspiration, see vibrant colours or even fall asleep during the session.
Scientific Research published in 'Complementary and Alternative Medicine Journal' Supporting Reiki:
- 'Reiki was effective in reducing pain, anxiety, and depression in patients undergoing knee replacements surgery.'
- 'Reiki was effective in reducing symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress in cancer patients'.
- 'Reiki was effective in reducing pain and anxiety in hospitalised patients'.
Reiki is a form of complementary therapy that may help with a variety of physical, emotional, and mental conditions. It is NOT a substitute for medical treatment, but it can be used alongside other forms of treatments to support your wellbeing and overall health. Here are some examples of conditions that Reiki may help with:
- Pain - reducing pain and discomfort in parts of your body, including chronic pain conditions such as arthritis and fibromyalgia.
- Stress and anxiety - due to the calming effect on the body and mind it may reduce stress, anxiety, feelings of an overwhelming nature, and symptoms of depression.
- Insomnia - promoting better sleep by reducing stress and anxiety, promoting relaxation.
- Digestive issues - may help reduce symptoms of digestive disorders such as IBS.
- Headaches and migraines - may help reduce the frequency and severity.
- Fatigue - may help increase energy levels and reduce feelings of fatigue and exhaustion.
- Emotional healing - help promote emotional healing by releasing blockages in your chakras and increasing peace and wellbeing.
What to expect after a Reiki rebalancing and how does it feel?
After a session it is common to feel relaxed, improved mood, increased energy or sleepy, improved sleep and general calm. During a session some people may feel a lot or sense nothing, or warmth, tingling, or a gentle vibration in their body. They may have an emotional release resulting in body movements, jolting, twitching, exhaling or crying. The experience is different for everyone depending on their openness and sensitivity to energy, combined with their willingness to receive the energy. After the session any sensations or experiences that you have during the session can be discussed with the practitioner, helping the awareness and release process.
How often should you get Reiki?
The Frequency of your sessions can vary based on the individual needs or localised area they want to focus on. Some people may need weekly sessions, others occasional sessions. Some factors to consider include time and budget constraints, preventative care to support overall health and wellbeing, levels and frequency of stress you are experiencing, health conditions and pain management requirements.
1:1 Treatment plans can be tailored to your individual needs.
What Religion is Reiki?
Reiki is not based on any religion. It is a spiritual practice that originated in Japan from Master Mikao Usui in the Early 20th century. It is based on the belief that there is universal life force energy that flows through all living things and can be channeled to promote healing and balance in the body, mind and spirit. Reiki practitioners channel this energy to promote health, balance and wellbeing. Practitioners may incorporate elements of spirituality or meditation and visualisations from various traditions depending on their own belief systems, just as you have your own belief and self care practices.
The sound therapy frequency of Reiki or Love and Miracle Healing is 528Hz. Sound wave therapy reduces anxiety related behaviours and increases concentration. This is one of the channels we play during our sessions.
What is the Reiki treatment scent in the air? We use our own signature blend which will be available for purchase online SOON. Our Reiki signature oil blend and Reiki signature wax melts.
Reiki should not be used as a replacement for medical treatment, but as a complementary therapy practice to support overall health and wellbeing.